- If you would like to commission an article or a photography assignment, please Contact Me.
My photography and writing has appeared in many publications across the world, including Climbing Magazine (USA), Gory Magazine (Poland), Klettern Magazine (Germany), Rock and Snow Magazine (Japan), Climb Magazine (UK), Climber Magazine (UK) as well as in more mainstream newspapers such as The Independent (UK).
As well as traditional print media, much of my work has been published online, including countless articles, photographs and reports on UKClimbing.com (UKC), of which I am the Chief Editor.
UKC is one of the world’s busiest and most respected climbing websites. I started work at UKC as Assistant Editor in 2007, and took over as Chief Editor in 2008, commissioning, managing or creating virtually all the content on the site.
The site has grown exponentially during that time, with average daily unique visitors growing from around 15,000 in November 2007 to over 30,000 in November 2011, making UKC one of the top three climbing websites in the world.
I have a photography gallery on UKC here: Jack Geldard Photo Gallery
UKC Article Examples Online:
- North Face of the Eiger – History and Topo
- Editorial – The Berlin Bunker
- Rat Race – A fun article about climbing at Gogarth, Wales
- Everest Closure 2009 – A news piece with a political slant
- Meet Pete Robins – A photo profile of one of the UK’s top climbers
Alongside my work as a climbing journalist I have been actively involved in climbing guidebook publication and editing for Rockfax guidebooks.
My first guidebook North Wales Classics was published in April 2010 (pictured right). My photography has been published in several other Rockfax guidebooks, including Pembroke, Mallorca and Cote d’Azur and I have edited other books such as Winter + and Western Grit. I have also authored numerous online Miniguides to big wall routes across the globe.
Rockfax Guidebooks and Miniguides:
- North Wales Classics – Printed Book
- The Scenic Cruise – Black Canyon USA
- Eiger North Face – Switzerland
- Out of Africa – Madagascar
- Beinn Bhan – Scottish Winter
To discuss an article or a photography assignment, please Contact Me.